The online tryout registration for the 2015 Maryland State Olympic Development Program is now open!
Additional information is available on the MSYSA website including tryout dates, locations and times.
Click here to register for the 2015 Maryland State ODP (U12-17) tryouts.
What is ODP?
The Olympic Development Program (ODP) is a national identification and development program for high-level soccer players. The program identifies and develops youth soccer players throughout the country to represent their state association, region and the United States in soccer competitions. ODP teams are formed at the state association (e.g. MSYSA) and regional levels and are comprised of the best players in various age groups. At the state association level, pools of players are identified in each eligible age group, and brought together as a team to develop their skill through training and competition. From the state pools and subsequent teams, players are identified for regional and national pools and teams. ODP has been the initial process for many players within our state to be recognized for National Teams and professional soccer. For the 2014 season, Maryland had 55 players selected for Region One teams (17.5%) with the chance to be identified for National Team pools.
- Our coaching staff (http://www.msysa.org/odp/ODP%20Staff/index_E.html) is among the finest in the country.
- Maryland State ODP provides quality training on fantastic fields.
- Opportunities for older players to be seen by college coaches at different ODP events like the Virginia Friendlies, Region I Tournament, and the Region I ID Camp.
- Regionalized training locations for U-12 players results in less travel for players to receive top-tier training from some of the state’s best coaches.
- The season calendar (http://www.msysa.org/odp/ODP%20Calendar/index_E.html) is provided early for players and parents/guardians to examine in order to work out any scheduling conflicts with their club or school.
- International trips (http://www.msysa.org/odp/International%20Trips/index_E.html) for 2002 Boys (Scotland), 2002 Girls (London), 2000 Boys (Spain), 2000 Girls (Holland) and 1998 Boys (Italy) during spring break. International trips are optional for all players selected to the eligible age group pools.
- Meet new players from other parts of the state.
- Financial aid is available.
I am looking forward to seeing everyone at tryouts this fall!
Greg Smith, Ph.D.